Hi, friends. I’ve been nominated for this award by a great Christian, bookish blogger, Taking Flight. Any time I receive positive feedback on my blog, I become more driven to grow myself as a writer/editor/historian/Christian/etc. The community I’ve built and continue building–me reading your posts, you reading mine, sharing likes and discussions–feels awesome. I love that we are all learning from each other.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring as they spread sunshine to the blogging community.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
So let’s get started with questions!
- What television show are you watching right now (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, network TV, etc.)? The new seasons of Riverdale and Ink Master!
- More importantly, what are you reading right now? I just finished The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, which was incredible. I’m about to start Dubliners by James Joyce. I’m excited to see the similarities and differences between Dubliners and Brits during the Victorian era.
- What is your coffee drink of choice? Confession, I drink coffee every day. Better than my former habit of drinking orange soda every day! I’m fine with basically any regular coffee, but I have to use a flavored creamer, like Reese’s or Irish Cream.
- Why do you blog? Another confession, I started this blog for a course called Digital Rhetoric. I exclusively wrote on that topic in the beginning, but my blog has broadened and improved since that class ended in November. I kept and will continue this blog because blogging and reading others’ blogs is fun yet productive. I feel like I found my niche.
- If traveling were free, where would you like to go? Somewhere with ocean water so calm and clear you can see the sand perfectly (the Caribbean?). OR a trip around London since I’ve read many Victorian novels and I’m a Methodist. (John and Charles Wesley are English. I’d like to visit Aldersgate Street). OR a trip to see religious sites related to Christianity around Europe.
- If you were stranded on an island, what three people would you want with you? I guess my boyfriend and my parents, though I feel bad for leaving out my brother!
- What is a feat that you think is really cool, but would never do (e.g. climbing Everest)? Skydiving!!! Nope, nope, nope. That “stomach dropped” feeling is bad enough on the Drop Zone.
- What are your three favorite books of all time? This is so hard! Granted, this might change in six months, but right now, my top three includes Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given? “People perceive you as more intelligent if you ask them questions about their lives.” -my dad
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? You’d think I’d have a better answer for this being Southern–squirrel, rabbit, deer, possum–but I have tried chicken livers.
- What are your reading goals for this year? Keep reading classics exclusively. I’m a snob, I know. I would except that rule for a good Christian book.
Now, it’s time for another round of nominations and questions!
- What television show are you watching right now (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, network TV, etc.)?
- What are you reading right now, or what is the last book you read?
- Coffee or tea?
- Why do you blog?
- If traveling were free, where would you like to go?
- Who is your favorite band or musician?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could only have one for the rest of your life–books, movies, or television shows/series–which would you pick?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
- What are your goals for this year?