Hi, friends. I’m popping up between regular Friday posts to answer a few fun questions about blogging!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy.
Matthew Winters (Honest Thoughts from a Pastor) nominated me for this award. I like his blog because he’s relatable and down-to-earth. Check out his site!
- Why did you start blogging? I started in September 2017 for a college course. I stayed because I discovered my niche and an awesome community of people.
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why? I put my heart into what I do, so it’s hard to determine a favorite post in particular. This is the post with the most views and likes–Self-Improvement From my Disabled, Christian Perspective (on the subject of New Year resolutions)
- How long do you edit or agonize over a post before you press “publish”? I edit my posts at least a couple times, but some rough drafts collect dust for months, while others get cleaned up and published a week after I write the rough draft. It usually depends on A) how excited I feel about the post and B) what I’ve published recently.
- Writers’ personalities are often different than their writing portrays. How would you describe your personality? Friendly, sweet, happy, kinda nerdy
- What is your favorite social media platform and why? If we exclude WordPress, I’d choose Instagram. I like making my little inspirational quote images on Sundays. Pinterest is also fun.
- If you are willing to share your social media links/handles, what are they? Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest
- What tools do you use to “beef up” your blog? I use Unsplash and Pixabay to find images I can use for free, then I edit those images with Canva. [I just bought Canva for Work, which gives me greater access to images and more editing options.] I also have the premium WordPress subscription.
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging? I’m going to copy Matthew’s answer–“Blogging is so much more about the audience than the writer. I love connecting with people through my writing. “
- What advice would you give to a prospective/new blogger? Read Blogging Tips & Tricks: Improve Your Blog Posts & Gain Followers or any of my other Blogging Tips & Tricks posts 😉
- Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards? Yes, though I sometimes forget about nominations–oops!
- Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress? Yes. I’ve really honed in on my branding, my posts are improving, and my readership is growing. I’d like to continue that upward momentum! It’s both a lot of work and a lot of fun.
- Terri @ from a spark to a flame
- Meredith @ My Way Home
- Matt @ Jesusluvsall
- Cindy @ Real Christian Women
- Diana @ Thoughts on Papyrus
- Kylie @ Kylie’s Corner & More
- Penny @ A Southern Belle With Stories to Tell
- Obinna @ Shards of Bards
- Brittany @ Ordinarily Extraordinary Mom
- Alicia @ For His Purpose
- Cathy @ Writing Wrinkles
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
- How long do you edit or agonize over a post before you press “publish”?
- Writers’ personalities are often different than their writing portrays. How would you describe your personality?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why ?
- If you are willing to share your social media links/handles, what are they?
- What tools do you use to “beef up” your blog?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
- What advice would you give to a prospective/new blogger?
- Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards?
- Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress?
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
Thanks for reading! See ya Friday! 🙂 Question for the comments: what is your favorite topic that I post about (blogging, Christianity, disability, etc.)?